"This easy and complete meal-in-a-pot is both healthy and delicious," promises Ginny Stuby in Altoona, Pennsylvania. "It’s wonderful served with a slice of Italian or hot garlic bread. I found the recipe in a magazine and made just a few adjustments to suit myself. Enjoy!"
- 1-1/4 pounds sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, brown sausages over medium heat. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add vegetables and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Remove sausages and cut into 1-in. pieces; return to slow cooker. Stir in bread crumbs. Serve in bowls; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage and Vegetables in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review