Italian Sausage and Spuds Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or red onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, combine sausage, potatoes, salt, thyme and pepper. Cover and cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and parsley. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Spuds
"Delicious recipe! The Italian sausages give the potatoes a wonderful flavor!"
"Very yummy; a family favorite"
"I love the ease of this recipe, and it is really tasty. With the colorful peppers, the presentation looks great, too!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.