Italian Sausage and Spuds
"I collect recipes, especially ones that are quick," relates Pam Sprowl of Thousand Oaks, California. "This hearty sausage and potato combination is great when we're camping in our motor home because it requires only one pot."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or red onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, combine sausage, potatoes, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Cover and cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the potatoes
- are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and
- parsley. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.