"I collect recipes, especially ones that are quick," relates Pam Sprowl of Thousand Oaks, California. "This hearty sausage and potato combination is great when we're camping in our motor home because it requires only one pot."
- 1 pound uncooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or red onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, combine sausage, potatoes, salt, thyme and pepper. Cover and cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Add onion, green pepper and parsley. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage and Spuds in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Spuds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review