- deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add sausage mixture.
- Roll remaining pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle. Place over
- filling. Trim, seal and flute edge.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and reserved egg yolk; brush over
- pastry. Cut slits in top.
- Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before
- serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches): Combine 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp. salt; cut in 1 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 1/3 to 2/3 cup ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half and shape into disks; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 608 calories, 40 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 787 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.