Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 2 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 Italian sandwich rolls or submarine buns, split
- 1. Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the peppers, spaghetti sauce, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and parsley.
- 2. Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until sausage and peppers are tender, stirring every 20 minutes. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 581 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1656mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Peppers
"Made it with Italian chicken sausages since I had non-pork/beef eaters in the group. I sauteed everything a day ahead and then heated in oven. Worked well for a group event."