Italian Sausage and Peppers
Clair Arrico of Portsmouth, Rhode Island shares the dish her mother used to make. "It's easy and convenient, thanks to the purchased spaghetti sauce the recipe calls for," she details.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 Italian sandwich rolls or submarine buns, split
- Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion
- over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the
- peppers, spaghetti sauce, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder,
- oregano and parsley.
- Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 50-60 minutes or until sausage and peppers are tender, stirring
- every 20 minutes. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 581 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,656 mg sodium,