Clair Arrico of Portsmouth, Rhode Island shares the dish her mother used to make. "It's easy and convenient, thanks to the purchased spaghetti sauce the recipe calls for," she details.
- 2 Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 Italian sandwich rolls or submarine buns, split
- Cut sausage into 3/4-in. pieces. In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in the peppers, spaghetti sauce, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and parsley.
- Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until sausage and peppers are tender, stirring every 20 minutes. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage and Peppers in Country Woman September/October 2002, p39
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review