Italian Sausage & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
Flavor-packed sausage and sun-dried tomatoes are sure to liven up any simple pasta dish. I have a feeling that once you've tried it, it'll become a family favorite!—Dawn Singleton, Eighty Four, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links or Ground Sausage
- 2/3 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup crushed seasoned salad croutons
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, fennel seed and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in cream; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
- 4. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle with crushed croutons and remaining cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC