- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups water
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 16-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Italian Sausage & Bean Soup
Sort By :
"This soup has great flavor! Only rated it 4 stars, since it really needs to cook longer for the cabbage in the coleslaw mix to get softer. If you're concerned about the fat and sodium in this recipe, like win30o6 so rudely was, all you have to do is get some turkey or chicken sausage instead. And, cut down on the sodium by either buying low sodium beans or cooking up your own beans and spaghetti sauce. Most times there's a way, without being rude. I did also add some crushed red pepper and garlic powder, like some former reviews recommended."
"You call this healthy soup with 8g sat fat and 1,411 mg sodium? Correction: I'd call it an artery clogger or heart attack waiting to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Very yummy, and super easy, added a bit of garlic powder because garlic makes everything better."
"I loved this soup. It was great and my family also loved it."
"very nice recipe"