The unusual blend of sausage and beans with coleslaw makes this soup for a cold winter night the definition of complete comfort food. The recipe doubles easily, so serve a crowd and pair with crusty bread and a tossed salad. —Stacey Bennett, Locust Grove, Virginia
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups water
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 16-20 minutes or until flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Sausage & Bean Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p52
Reviews for Italian Sausage & Bean Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review