Making up different salad dressings is a hobby of mine. The dressing and the extra ingredients makes this so delicious.Regina Bianchi, Bessemer, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small head lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large
- bowl, combine the lettuce, onions, celery, mozzarella cheese, olives
- and tomato. Just before serving, add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.