- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup assorted olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 8 pepperoncini
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded carrots and grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss lightly. If desired, add toppings.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 8 servings (1/2 cup vinaigrette).
Reviews for Italian Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
"We enjoyed this salad recipe very much. I omitted the mushrooms because some folks do not enjoy eating them. I doubled the other ingredients. I used Castelvetrano olives. Delicious! It is definitely a keeper! Thank you for submitting."
"LOVE IT! I wish I could give it ten stars! I omitted the olives because I don't like them, but I added cherry tomatoes and goat cheese, used a small Thai pepper instead of the pepperoncini, and threw some croutons on top. But the dressing is awesome! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Good salad, loved the light dressing."