Italian Salad Croutons
"These crisp buttery croutons are so good," comments Ellen Benninger of Greenville, Pennsylvania. "I don't know where I got the recipe, but I've been using it for more than 10 years." Toss the croutons in a salad, garnish a bowl of soup with them or sprinkle them on top of a creamy casserole.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 bread slices, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, Italian seasoning and garlic
- powder. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer
- on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.