Italian Salad Croutons Recipe
"These crisp buttery croutons are so good," comments Ellen Benninger of Greenville, Pennsylvania. "I don't know where I got the recipe, but I've been using it for more than 10 years." Toss the croutons in a salad, garnish a bowl of soup with them or sprinkle them on top of a creamy casserole.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 bread slices, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 46 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Italian Salad Croutons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC