Italian Salad Bowl
This is a nice accompaniment to a hearty meal. The best part about salads like this is that you can add or substitute your family's favorite vegetables.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow, red or green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian salad dressing to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss all ingredients. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 57 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.