Italian Roasted Potatoes
"The herbs in this recipe make ordinary potatoes extraordinary!" Stacey Diehl writes from her Lecanto, Florida home. "They go great with burgers or meat loaf."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat
- evenly. Combine the garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and
- pepper; sprinkle over potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to
- an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425°
- for 30 minutes. Stir; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes
- are tender and golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.