Italian Roast with Alfredo Potatoes Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the gravy mix, dressing mix and water; pour over roast. Top with peppers and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, remove roast and cut a portion of the meat into cubes, measuring 3 cups; cover and save for another use. Slice the remaining beef and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices if necessary; pour into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes; mash with Alfredo sauce, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with sliced beef and gravy. Yield: 4 servings plus leftovers.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Roast with Alfredo Potatoes(8)
Sort By :
This has became one of my family's favorite. In fact, we are having it for dinner today!
I loved this roast. Made as directed, except I didn't have the red peppers, and added garlic and pepper. Also, browned the meat on all sides before putting in slow cooker. I thickened the gravy with flour and water, because I don't like the consistency of things thickened with cornstarch. Didn't make the potatoes, but this is will be my new recipe for roast!
I added garlic and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
I loved this recipe! Great combination of flavors and one of my favorite pot roast recipes!
Great Sunday dinner. The meat was moist and tender; the gravy needed extra seasoning; I thought the potatoes would be really strong of the alfredo but the taste was very subtle. I separated the veggies from the liquid in the gravy, and degreased the liquid before adding the cornstarch. I added the drained veggies to a package of cooked sweet corn and it was great.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >