- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a Dutch oven, brown ribs in oil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook over low heat for 1-1/4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs and set aside; drain.
- In the same pan, bring tomatoes and water to a boil. Stir in the rice, green pepper, garlic, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning. Place ribs over rice; sprinkle with remaining salt. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until rice and meat are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Ribs and Rice in Country Extra March 2000, p51
Reviews for Italian Ribs and Rice(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2009
This was an excellent recipe and I will fix over and over and it was easy too.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >