With meat, vegetables and rice, here's a dish that can be a whole meal by itself. It'll satisfy the hunger of anyone at your table.
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a Dutch oven, brown ribs in oil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook over low heat for 1-1/4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs and set aside; drain.
- In the same pan, bring tomatoes and water to a boil. Stir in the rice, green pepper, garlic, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and Italian seasoning. Place ribs over rice; sprinkle with remaining salt. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until rice and meat are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Ribs and Rice in Country Extra March 2000, p51
Reviews for Italian Ribs and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2009
"This was an excellent recipe and I will fix over and over and it was easy too."