Italian Restaurant Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown chicken in oil in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, saute onion, celery, carrot and garlic in pan drippings until tender. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, rosemary and chicken; bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard bay leaf; sprinkle with basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Restaurant Chicken(6)
Sort By :
So So. I would not bother making this again. The flavor did not warrent the prep time/chopping.
Great flavor! My husband said this is a keeper. The sauce was a little thin for us, next time I'll thicken the sauce up some.
This is a great recipe if you like chicken covered in marinara. Made it exactly as directed and served with pasta. The seasoning was excellent and the chicken came out moist and tender. Unfortunately, I found I didn't care for the sauce-covered chicken -- just personal preference.
This was easy and very good. My husband said immediately that this was a "keeper".
Excellent!!! Easy, hearty - served with whole wheat pasta. Made it with the red wine, made it special. Husband asked that I make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >