Italian Red Pepper Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, julienned
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. In a nonstick skillet, saute 2 garlic cloves in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Brush over cut side of bread.
- In the same skillet, saute the red peppers, onion, Italian seasoning and remaining garlic in remaining oil until vegetables are tender; remove from the heat. Add 2 tablespoons basil, parsley and oregano; cool slightly. Place in a blender or food processor; cover and process until pureed. Spread over bread.
- Top with tomato slices and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Red Pepper Bruschetta
Sort By :
I love this stuff. It started out as an appetizer but now we have it for dinner...great at parties as well! YUM!!!!