Italian Ranch Chicken Strips
Zesty chicken strips pass the trim-and-tasty test LaDonna Reed gives most of her recipes. "I prefer food that is low in fat but has lots of flavor," she notes from Ponca City, Oklahoma. "I made these chicken strips for supper one night...and they were a huge hit! They're simple to make, too."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into eight strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs, Italian seasoning
- and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine dressing and
- water. Dip chicken into dressing mixture, then coat with crumb
- Arrange chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly
- spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: about 2 chicken strips equals 147 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.