- Place red layer on waxed paper; spread with 2 tablespoons jam. Top
- with plain layer and remaining jam. Add green layer; press down
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Spread half over green layer. Refrigerate 20 minutes
- or until set. Turn over; spread remaining glaze over red layer.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until set.
- With a sharp knife, trim edges. Cut rectangle lengthwise into
- fourths. Cut each portion into 1/4-in. slices. Yield: 11 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 35 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.