- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium green or sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 12 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the fennel seed, steak seasoning and cayenne if desired. Cut roast in half. Rub seasoning mixture over pork. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the peppers, onions and tomatoes; cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup meat mixture on each bun. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Italian Pulled Pork Sandwiches(9)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious and a huge hit with my husband! I followed the recipe as written, with the exception of adding only half the amount of fennel seed. To serve, I added melted mozzarella on top of the pork. Next time, I will add some garlic to the slow cooker as well.
very easy to make & has excellent flavor
Seasoning just too much.
Very tasty. I omitted the fennel and it was good.
This was really good! DH and I really liked it!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >