Italian Potato Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: With six grown daughters who visit us frequently, I have plenty of chances to serve this family favorite - whether we are making steaks, pork chops, burgers or bratwurst. I've even served it with more formal ham dinners. The recipe comes from my mom, who was a cook at local restaurants and resorts. Here on the tree farm my husband and I run, we also grow potatoes. They are a staple that's always as close as my root cellar when I prepare this dish. -Ardis Kohnen, Rudolph, Wisconsin
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 3. Add eggs, celery, onion, cucumber and green pepper; mix well. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish; mix well. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour. Top with tomatoes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Italian Potato Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC