Italian Potato Pancake Recipe
"Seasoned with basil and oregano and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese, this potato pancake variation is almost like an Italian potato patty," explains Celeste Rossmiller (left), a reader from Denver, Colorado.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1. Rinse grated potato in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a bowl, combine potato, onion, flour, egg, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil; add potato mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes longer. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 378 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC