- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Rinse grated potato in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a bowl, combine potato, onion, flour, egg, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil; add potato mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes longer. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Italian Potato Pancake
"The basic concept and method are good, but neither my husband nor I were really enthusiastic about the flavor combinations of potatoes with Italian herbs and mozzarella. Leave out the herbs and substitute cheddar cheese and I think it would be great--but I realize that's not what this is supposed to be."