"Seasoned with basil and oregano and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese, this potato pancake variation is almost like an Italian potato patty," explains Celeste Rossmiller (left), a reader from Denver, Colorado.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Rinse grated potato in cold water; drain thoroughly. In a bowl, combine potato, onion, flour, egg, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil; add potato mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes longer. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Italian Potato Pancake in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p11
Reviews for Italian Potato Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review