- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, onion, wine, salt, basil, oregano, garlic and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Pot Roast
Sort By :
"I will make this dish again and again. I really enjoyed the flavors."
"Wasn't as good as I had hoped. I would def add more garlic and spices"
"It was ok"
"Not as expected. Disapointing bland flavor."
"This was great!! A keeper in our family!"