- In the same pan, saute onion in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, bay
- leaves, cinnamon, tomato paste, vinegar, anchovy paste, herbs, salt,
- pepper flakes, pepper and pork; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley. Cover and cook 30-40 minutes longer or until meat
- is tender. Skim fat; discard bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without pasta and cheese) equals 256 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.