This is one unbelievable dish that will really satisfy on chilly evenings. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the pork, onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the marinara sauce, peppers, 1/2 cup broth, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, sage, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; stir into pork mixture. Remove from the heat; dollop with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pork Skillet in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p13
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Pork Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review