Italian Pork Hoagies
"I like to prepare these quick toasted sandwiches whenever I have extra pork," writes Jackie Hannahs. The Fountain, Michigan cook spreads pizza sauce over hoagie buns before adding sliced pork, Italian salad dressing and mozzarella cheese.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hoagie buns, split
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 12 slices cooked pork (1/4 inch thick and 2 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place bottom and top halves of buns, cut side up, on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Top
- with pork; drizzle with salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops
- of buns are lightly toasted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 557 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 877 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein.