- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in batches on both sides in oil; remove from skillet. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Return pork chops to skillet; arrange green pepper between the chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pork Chops in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review