Skillet-browned chops are simmered with tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper in this tasty treatment for pork. It's easy to prepare, especially if you buy the mushrooms already sliced. —Adeline Piscitelli of Sayreville, New York
Featured In: 17 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes for Busy Days
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in batches on both sides in oil; remove from skillet. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Return pork chops to skillet; arrange green pepper between the chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pork Chops in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review