Italian Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
"My family loves this meal after church services," writes Martina Williams from Grovetown, Georgia. "I serve it with spaghetti, salad and garlic bread."
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remover to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker with a slotted spoon. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne; coat pork chops with flour mixture.
- 2. In the same skillet, brown the pork chops; transfer to the slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Combine the broth, tomato paste and remaining Italian seasoning; add to slow cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until pork is tender; add peas during the last 30 minutes. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC