Italian Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remover to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker with a slotted spoon. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne; coat pork chops with flour mixture.
- 2. In the same skillet, brown the pork chops; transfer to the slow cooker. Top with tomatoes and bacon. Combine the broth, tomato paste and remaining Italian seasoning; add to slow cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until pork is tender; add peas during the last 30 minutes. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Italian Pork Chop Dinner
"A bit of work at the beginning but well worth it. I loved the amount of seasoning. Just enough without overpowering the recipe. I served it with egg noodles and poured the sauce over the noodles and chops. After I was done frying the chops and had put them in the slow cooker, I poured the sauce into the frying pan and worked the brown bits off the bottom. Then I poured it all into the slow cooker. Will definitely make this again!"
"Followed the directions exactly and the result was BLAND! Very disappointing and a waste of 6 beautiful pork chops."