Italian Pork and Rice Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (about 2 pork chops)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, pork, peppers, Italian seasoning, salt if desired and sugar; bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- 2. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 245 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable.