"I always prepare a few extra pork chops for this colorful stovetop meal," writes Loreen McAllister from Elsie, Michigan. "I serve it with garlic bread and a tossed salad for a fresh-tasting dinner with Italian flair."
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (about 2 pork chops)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, pork, peppers, Italian seasoning, salt if desired and sugar; bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pork and Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p48
Reviews for Italian Pork and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review