- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork (about 2 pork chops)
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, pork, peppers, Italian seasoning, salt if desired and sugar; bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Italian Pork and Rice
Sort By :
I have this recipe from the original 1999 magazine. So nice to have it online now.I have made this several times and doubled the recipe for potluck supper. I have also substituted in chicken instead of pork. The flavors melt nicely together
I thought this recipe was really good. It was very easy and quick to prepare and I thought the flavors were really good. One of the best things about it is that it can be made all in one pan, and you don't have to add much to complete the meal since there are a lot of fresh vegetables included already. I recommend this recipe for a quick and simple meal any day of the week.