Italian Pork and Potato Casserole Recipe
- 6 cups sliced red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- 2. Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Top with pork chops and marinara sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes are tender.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1 cup potatoes and 1/2 cup sauce equals 412 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.