- 6 cups sliced red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Top with pork chops and marinara sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Pork and Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"My DH and DS liked it, but DD and I didn't love it. I thought it was a little bland. Maybe adding Italian seasoning? Also, my pork chops came out tough and some of the potatoes were cooked well and some were still kind of hard."
"This was ok."