The aroma of this hearty dish baking brings back fond memories of home. My mother created the recipe years ago, using the ingredients she had on hand.
- 6 cups sliced red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until almost tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Top with pork chops and marinara sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pork and Potato Casserole in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Pork and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review