Savory and special, this tasty omelet with classic pizza flavors will be a hit with all who taste it. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon mushroom mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Italian Omelet in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p21
Reviews for Italian Pizza Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review