- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup jarred pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: shredded mozzarella cheese and additional warmed pizza sauce
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Top with cheese and additional pizza sauce if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- To use frozen meat loaf: Bake frozen meat loaf as directed, increasing time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Top with pizza sauce and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Pizza Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"My family enjoyed this meatloaf, although we left out the olives. I will plan on making it again! We topped our with melted mozzarella cheese and used pizza sauce on the side."
"Just plain terrible! So mealy that we not only tossed out what we didn?t eat but also the one in the freezer. What a waste of good meat!"
"This is a real family pleaser! Kids and adults alike all enjoyed this different meat loaf! We will be making this again soon."