Italian Pizza Meat Loaf Recipe
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup jarred pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: shredded mozzarella cheese and additional warmed pizza sauce
- 1. Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Top with cheese and additional pizza sauce if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. To use frozen meat loaf: Bake frozen meat loaf as directed, increasing time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Top with pizza sauce and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
1 slice (calculated without optional toppings) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Italian Pizza Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.