Italian Pizza Meat Loaf Recipe
If you have kids who protest when they hear meat loaf is on the menu, just try keeping them away from this cheesy, saucy slice, packed with pizza flavors. One bite and there’s no turning back! —Hannah Kleinhans, Milwaukee, WI
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup jarred Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: shredded mozzarella cheese and additional warmed Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1. Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Cover and freeze one meat loaf for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining loaf, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Top with cheese and additional pizza sauce if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. To use frozen meat loaf: Bake frozen meat loaf as directed, increasing time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Top with pizza sauce and cheese if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC