Italian Pinwheel Rolls Recipe
An enticing combination of Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic makes these buttery rolls impossible to resist. "The aroma that wafts through the house while they are baking is incredible," writes Patricia FitzGerald from Candor, New York.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 1 cup flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle the cheese, parsley, garlic and oregano to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Pinwheel Rolls in Light & Tasty December/January 2006, p47
Reviews for Italian Pinwheel Rolls(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 4, 2013
I've made these a few times, and my husband loves them. Sometimes I use this dough without the filling to make breadsticks.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >