Italian Pinwheel Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 16 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- Additional spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Layer with six cheese slices, ham and six more cheese slices.
- 3. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Top with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 428 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 785 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Pinwheel Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.