Italian Pineapple Trifle Recipe
My grandmother made this rich, tempting trifle every year for our family’s Christmas Eve celebrations. Now I make it to carry on her special tradition. It’s an easy, delicious no-bake dessert everyone will love.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the pineapple, pie filling and remaining vanilla. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, arrange two packages of ladyfingers over the bottom and up the sides.
- 3. Layer a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the pineapple mixture and half of the remaining ladyfingers. Repeat layers once. Layer remaining ricotta and pineapple mixtures. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Italian Pineapple Trifle
Reviewed May. 18, 2015
"This was a BIG hit!!!! Made it for a potluck and there was nothing left! Very easy! Had to go to 2 stores for the lady fingers. Found them at the Bed Bath and Beyond! Will make it again!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC