Italian Pineapple Trifle Recipe
My grandmother made this rich, tempting trifle every year for our family’s Christmas Eve celebrations. Now I make it to carry on her special tradition. It’s an easy, delicious no-bake dessert everyone will love.
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- In a small bowl, beat the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla until fluffy. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into ricotta mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the pineapple, pie filling and remaining vanilla. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, arrange two packages of ladyfingers over the bottom and up the sides.
- Layer a third of the ricotta mixture, a third of the pineapple mixture and half of the remaining ladyfingers. Repeat layers once. Layer remaining ricotta and pineapple mixtures. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pineapple Trifle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Italian Pineapple Trifle(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >