Italian Pineapple Chicken
I created this dish one night when I was in a particular hurry. There is hardly any preparation involved, and everyone who tries it asks for the recipe.—Becky Lohmiller, Monticello, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour salad dressing into a
- shallow bowl; dip chicken in dressing. In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add pineapple slices to the skillet; cook for 30 seconds on each side
- or until lightly browned. Place a slice on each chicken breast half.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.