Italian Pesto Pizzas Recipe
- 4 whole wheat pita or flat breads
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 plum tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with pesto. Layer with mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomato, onion, Parmesan cheese, olives if desired and pepper flakes.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top pizzas with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza (calculated without olives): 430 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Italian Pesto Pizzas
"I made this for my vegan grandaughter. She said it was delicious"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.