Italian Pesto Pizzas Recipe
- 4 whole wheat pita or flat breads
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 plum tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with pesto. Layer with mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomato, onion, Parmesan cheese, olives if desired and pepper flakes.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top pizzas with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza (calculated without olives): 430 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Italian Pesto Pizzas
"I made this for my vegan grandaughter. She said it was delicious"