These individual pizzas, ready in 30 minutes or less, give you good reason not to call out for dinner. The pesto base makes the kitchen smell wonderful while it’s baking. —Kelly Evans, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Featured In: 23 Favorite Italian Recipes
- 4 whole wheat pita or flat breads
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1 plum tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with pesto. Layer with mozzarella cheese, spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomato, onion, Parmesan cheese, olives if desired and pepper flakes.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top pizzas with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pesto Pizzas in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Italian Pesto Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"I made this for my vegan grandaughter. She said it was delicious"