Italian Pasta Supper Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, onion, parsley and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add macaroni; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 500 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Pasta Supper
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.