When my husband and I lived on a farm, this wonderful stovetop dish satisfies hearty appetites after a long day of work in the fields. It's simple to prepare.—Emily Smith, Orangeville, Ontario
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, parsley and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings; mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add macaroni; mix well. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pasta Supper in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p251
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Pasta Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review