Italian Pasta Stew
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces, each) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 small zucchini squash, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into
- 1/4-inch slices and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions in oil until tender, about 3
- minutes. Add potatoes, carrots and continue to cook for about 1
- minute. Stir in tomatoes, water, pasta, zucchini and sausage.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or
- until pasta is tender.
- Spoon stew into serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve. Yield: 6 servings.