Italian Pasta Stew Recipe
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces, each) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 small zucchini squash, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into 1/4-inch slices and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, sauté onions in oil until tender, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots and continue to cook for about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, water, pasta, zucchini and sausage.
- 3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 4. Spoon stew into serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC