Italian Pasta Salad
This zesty recipe combines vegetables and pasta in a creamy dressing. Refreshing and filling, this change-of-pace salad is perfect as a side dish. It's always popular at a potluck.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and
- drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers,
- onions and salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4
- hours or overnight; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in
- the provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 442 calories, 39 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium,