Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in the provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 442 calories, 39g fat (7g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Italian Pasta Salad
"Easy and delicious."
"@dawnrosanne You may already know this but, Provolone cheese is actually Mozzarella cheese that has been cured in a brine solution. So you did good."
"I omitted the mushrooms and onions (personal choice) and added more pasta. Used Olive Garden Dressing. We really liked it and will make again. :-)"
"Excellent..will definitely make again!"
"This is an excellent pasta salad. I didn't have any provolone cheese on had so I used mozarella . I don't know how using provolone could have made it any better!"
"This is dawnrosanne again...I forgot to add that I could not find a block of provolone cheese in the store, so I used mozarella cheese, and instead of 1/3 cup, I think I put in 1 cup of cubed mozarella."
"Wonderful! Took this to a party and everyone loved it. I added mini-pepperonis to it. I also followed others' suggestions and instead of just 1 cup of pasta, used two. Great zippy flavor. Important to get "Zesty Italian dressing" (not regular Italian). YUM!!"
"Great recipe! I took this to our father's day BBQ and it was a big hit! The only thing I did different was double the recipe because a single wouldn't make enough for a crowd."
"As delicious as it looks! Everyone loved it! Used whole jarred mushrooms cut in half instead of fresh."
"After serving this at one party, I was asked for the recipe multiple times!"
"Very good!I also used a 12 oz. box of pasta."
"This is delicious! Note: the call for 3/4C uncooked spiral pasta is deceiving and doesn't seem like enough to make 6 servings as the recipe states. I used a 12 oz box of pasta, which worked out well. The salad was still flavorful and creamy; and went much further than it would have using only 3/4C."