This zesty recipe combines vegetables and pasta in a creamy dressing. Refreshing and filling, this change-of-pace salad is perfect as a side dish. It's always popular at a potluck.
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese; stir in the provolone cheese and olives. Gently fold into the pasta mixture. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Pasta Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p29
Reviews for Italian Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review