Italian Pasta Bake Recipe
I love to make this dish whenever I need to bring a dish to pass. Fresh tomatoes add a nice touch that's missing from most other meat, pasta and tomato casseroles.—Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add to beef mixture and gently stir in tomatoes.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC